Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Girls Only getaway!

Well I wouldn't be a good wife if I didn't admit how wonderful my husband is. So wonderful that he actaully let me go on a girls only vacation for 4 days in California. It is always so nice to go back home (the Bay area where I spent most of my childhood). We got off the plane and it was the most beautiful weather you could imagine. Coming from Utah in the winter it was a shock to my body. Then I remembered why I loved growing up there so much. I took this trip with my darling mother and sister in law and we were all going to visit Mary my other sister in law. It's always good to spend time with family and I am lucky my Sister in law is my Best Friend. The first thing we did was get our rental car. After we finally found the right size car we got in and were really confused because these were the keys inside:Do you see a key? Well we didn't either. Turns out these have a micro chip in them that allows you to push a button and start the car and turn off the car. Who has herd of such a thing. Starting a car with a button? Go figure. These new cars are really to high tec for us. We had to ask someone how to start the car because we couldn't figure it out. Let's just say it was an interesting car with touchy brakes too!

I can tell you that we had a lot of fun. We did some shopping:


I just bought my first big girl handbag and now I bought a second and third to keep her company. They were too good of deals to pass up. We ate out at wonderful restaraunts. It was so lovely not to have to cut someones food for them or take them on potty trips.

We went to two moveis :and we also got spoiled by a spa day and lunch with Craigs cousin Denise.



Gotta love Pedi's!



On our last day there we went to Sausalito and had lunch at the Spinnaker. It was so gorgeous so we took some pictures and went to the wharf.




We really had a fun time although there were some hiccups. Our nephew got sick so Mary didn't get to hang with us too much. My mother in law was also sick with pnemonia just a week before and not feeling great. The sunshine and warmth did us good. I am so greatful my husband let me do this. I feel refreshed and happy to be with my kids again. Now I just have to play catch-up on all the house work.Ugh

5 comments:

Julie said...

FUN!!!! Hubbies who let their wives go on girl trips are good hubbies!

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like great fun. I'm glad you guys got to do that!

=)

Laura said...

So much fun! I am so glad I had you with me for all of it.

Heather Anderson said...

Looks like a wonderful time! You deserve it:)

kaetrn said...

looks like an AMAZING time! girl weekends are the best and make coming home so much sweeter. love your bags!