Monday, June 1, 2009

Zions National Park

We spent this years memorial weekend in Zions national park. Craigs family invited us to all go and stay at the lodge in the park. It was a great trip. We did some hiking, horseback riding, exploring,eating, Ice cream, etc. We also celebrated Alans birthday when we were down there. I was so amazed at how much fun it is and how convenient it is to stay in the actual park. It was awesome. The kids did major hiking. Especially the boys. Andrew and Jacob did Angels Landing (scary hike) with their dads. They took it like a couple of champs. When they got back all they wanted was ice cream. They really desearved it after that adventure. Here are some of the pictures from the trip.










































The narrows Hike (cali and I just walked to the water part) The boys did the whole hike.
here is Andrew flexing at the top of Angels Landing. Holy moly that kid is strong!

One of the things you can do for the kids is buy these jr. ranger booklets for a dollar. The kids have to fill out information about the park and help pick up trash etc. When they have finished they say a pledge and get jr. Ranger badges. The boys were thrilled to accomplish this. They are so cute!

8 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

That looks to me like the perfect trip with kids.

=)

Laura said...

I think I have said this before but I will say it again. I am so glad we can go together on this family trips. It was fun and the pictures are awesome!

Chelle Majeski said...

Hi again!

Long time! Just stopped in to see how you and your family are doing! Great to see some fun pictures! Many blessings and prayers!

Chelle

Natalie said...

Looks so fun! We did Zion in the fall. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do Angel's Landing with me. Narrows is also a really fun hike!

Heather Anderson said...

Those photos are so pretty. I love that you take your family on all these adventures and to these beautiful places! Looks like another great trip!

Julie said...

How fun! You guys are always doing such fun thing. We need to be a lot less boring and venture out more often! You've inspired me!

Rebekah Coles said...

These are so great. Looks like you had a lot of fun. The kids are getting so big- HAPPY BELATED BDAY to Andrew. I can't believe he is 8!!XO

Hillary said...

That sounds so fun. You got some great pictures. I love the red Southern Utah mountains. We need to get down there more often.