Sunday, October 11, 2009

FOOTBALL-GO BENGALS!!

Well if you really want to know why we are so busy all the time it's football. Andrew joined The Brighton Ute Gremlins this year. It all started in July and goes thru October maybe Nov. if they make the playoffs. I have to say I was very nervous about the whole football commitment at 8 years old. I have to say though that it has been a wonderful experience. Andrew was lucky enough to be selected to play with the best coaches and team a mom could ask for. They have a lot of fun together. Although intense and hectic at times we are loving it. Andrew plays hard and is having a blast learning what teams are all about. We have practice 3 times a week. Then games on saturday We have awesome coaches, team moms, kids and parents. Andrew plays with 8-9 and some 10 year olds. He is one of the youngest on the team but has a lot of heart. He has been playing tight end. He has learned so much already. He is #93. There truly is nothing better than seeing your child happy and working hard and excelling in so many ways.. We are so proud of you Andrew boy! Oh and you look awesome in that uniform!




One of the team dads arranged an awesome meeting with some of the Utah Ute football players. One of them being Louie Sakoda (last years kicker). These kids were over the moon to meet these guys and get they're autographs. What a once in a lifetime experience for them. Here are some pictures of that...







7 comments:

laura said...

Andrew looks great in his football uniform. I'm glad he's having so much fun and doing so well.
I love the Utah pictures too. What a great time. Thanks for hanging out with us even though you had so much going on. We loved seeing you.

Susan Anderson said...

Like you, football makes me uneasy at this age (or any age, for that matter) but it looks like Andrew is having a GREAT time.

Hopefully the other players are not too violent yet. During high school, I couldn't even watch my kids play. Seriously.

=)

Susan Anderson said...

PS. My offering to them was the fact that I let them play at all!

Julie said...

Love football! He looks so cute in his Uni! I'm glad he's having a good experience with it!

Chelle Majeski said...

Hey!

Thanks for stopping by again! It is always a little bit of encouragement to me! How funny...that we will probably never even meet....

Love the football pictures...are you a closet photographer?

Chelle

Heather Anderson said...

Sounds busy, fun ,exciting and a little scary...

Laura said...

Andrew is awesome. You are too as I know what a time commitment this was for the whole family. What fun! All the same I know you are glad it is over!