December was a whirlwind. It went by so Fast. Here are a few of our highlights counting down to Christmas....
This year Andrew was finally old enough to participate in the after school ski and snowboard program. This is what’s so wonderful living by the mountains. The kids actually get picked up by a bus at school on Fridays and they take them up to the ski resort Snowbird. They do it for 5 weeks and they get snowboarding/ski lessons for 2 hours. Then I go and pick him up at the school when they are done. This has been a great experience for Andrew. Hs grandpa was able to gift this to Andrew and we are so grateful. He has had such a fun time. He has already improved so much. He was very nervous about getting put in a group that was too advanced but he quickly made sure they knew where he was supposed to be. This is his first time getting on the bus..
One of the Saturdays in December we had the ever popular neighborhood breakfast with Santa. The day kept getting changed so we showed up a week early the first time. We decided that would be a Mc Donald’s breakfast day. When we finally made it to the right Sat. the kids were first in line to see Santa...
One of Our Christmas traditions is to go eat dessert at a fancy restaurant named La Caille. The kids love this because they get dressed in fancy clothes and it’s like eating at a castle. It is a beautiful place and its decorated to the max with lights. Grandpa got the 3 little girls matching dresses. They never had any little girls so now they get to spoil the grand baby girls with dresses. This year were were especially grateful to have Jan with us to celebrate Christmas. Most of you know that she was very ill through summer and in the hospital for 3 months. We are so happy she was able to go with us. She is recovering more every day and we are so fortunate to be close to her. We were able to spend a lot of time helping her with decorating and wrapping presents. I enjoyed spending the time with her and my sister in law preparing for Christmas.
Andrew & Cali outside the restaurant
John and Jan Andrew and twins My sister in law and I
Craig and I Ms. Lindsey Jacob & Grandma
Sydney Cali and Hailey Jan and Alan
We also got invited to go see the Lights at Thanksgiving point by good family friends the Taylors. They are long time friends from when they all lived in Saratoga, CA. Lanae organized an amazing night for us and the kids. We got to go on a tour of the lights in an enclosed bus! I say this with excitement as it was freezing and we saw other people in one that was open to the fresh frozen air. The lights are very cool and I highly recommend it.
This is Lanae with her grandchildren
After the tour of the lights we went in for some cookies and hot chocolate. What an amazing night. Thank you to the Taylors. We love you guys!
Christmas eve: We had Craig’s parents over for Dinner. I made Ham, Rolls, cheesy potatoes, green beans and my Grandmas fruit Cocktail whip cream salad. In other words it was a feast
After dinner we headed over to Laura’s for dessert and Stories
I made Homemade cinnamon rolls and we had cookies and cheesecake. Then the kids opened their one present(C-mas P.J.’s of course) and we read the story of the birth of the savior and the night before Christmas.
One thing I learned this year was you can never be too prepared for Christmas. I started Shopping in October. It still takes me the whole month to prepare. I am so grateful for my family. Especially my children who give me the most joy in my life. I love to see how excited they are for the magical day of Christmas. As stressful as it all is I have to stop and smell the roses sometimes because I know it won’t always be like this. My babies will grow up and leave me someday and I hope to teach them traditions they will carry into their families.
Christmas pictures coming soon





5 comments:
Can't have Christmas without the whipped cream fruit salad!
Looks like a wonderful holiday.
I don't know what I would do without you around. We had such a busy fun month and we shared so much of it all together. It's amazing how stressful it all seems and then when it comes together it seems to melt away and you feel so happy for how it all turned out! It was a wonderful holiday season and we have a lot to be grateful (especially now it over, ha ha).
Your Christmas looks delightful, Jan looks wonderful, the kids are darling as usual, and I even got a look at my buddy Lynna and her grandkids. What could be better?
Thanks for sharing!
=)
Looks like you had a busy but festive December!
So good to see Jan well and part of the festivities! Your family looks very bright and happy. What a fun time of year for everyone!
I must mention how lovely you look in your purple coat and scarf at La Caille. Cali is so cute in her cute pink coat too. :)
WOW! How fun! I love that you guys go eat at La Caille. That is a super cool tradition! You all looked so great in your fancy clothes! K...now that the holiday crazy-ness is over its time for a girls night with Maleah!!!???!!!
Post a Comment