Friday, August 28, 2009

Andrew's first day of 3rd grade

I can hardly believe that summer is officially over and the kids are back in shcool. Andrew started third grade this week. He is turning into such a smart and nice and handsome young man. He was excited to start school to see all of his friends. He said the summer was getting a little boring. I am so glad he has a love for school and learning. We are so proud of him. As for me I will have to help him with book reports every month, cursive handwriting and multiplication. All things I am terrible at and need some refreshing. I guess he and i will be learning together.Andrews third grade teacher is Mrs. Shiffman. The teacher is out sick this week so we havn't met her but I hear great things about all the third grade teachers. Here is our big boy on his big day...



We live close enough to walk to school when the weather is good. Here is our route to school
Andrew Lined up for class


Andrews Best friend Brooks

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Looks just about idyllic to me, especially the walk to school. Beautiful!

=)

Julie said...

We had to do a book report every month in 3rd grade! It drove me nuts!!!!!!! Good luck with everything. 3rd grade is fun!

Laura said...

School gets harder for me every year too, not just my kids. Ha ha.

Andrew looks so very handsome. I am so glad he is back to school and busy with life :)

Heather Anderson said...

Andrew looks cute as ever and ready for school! You are an amazing MOM!!! Jeremiah is in 3rd this year too and I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the homework... I like how they don't have HW in AZ maybe I should move heheh