What Can I say. This year was a nightmare trying to get all the kids their H1N1 vaccinations. After hundreds of phone calls and hours in line in the wee hours of the morning we finally got it almost taken care of. Andrew has yet to get his booster dose but I am confident I can do it. My sister in law was very diligent in tracking down when the shots would be given. Checking the health department website daily and calling all the time. The first round that we decided to try for was a mass clinic on a Saturday. I got in line at about 5:50 a.m. I held spots for our group and we were lucky they had enough for us. The line got so long they finally did a count and sent the people that wouldn't make it on their way. We got in fine accept for Andrew. He had a football game and could not stay in line. I got Cali and the rest of the kids got theirs.
I did not leave the clinic until about 9:30 a.m. Long wait and long line. Then we had to get the kids under five their booster shots 30 days after the original.
Not such an easy task considering the shortage. I finally got Andrew in to the pediatrician office and he got the first dose there. One day my sister in law called and tried to get and apt. on line. I was also calling also and we could NOT get through. It was so aggravating. Finally on another day like a couple weeks later we were able to set up apt. for the girls and Jacob and we got it done. Here are some pictures from that day. We had to document success. We went through a lot to get them protected. They were very brave!
I Do Now
1 week ago





3 comments:
I was just catching up on your blog and YOU MADE 80 ROLLS!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. You must really love those you spent the day with. And i think it's funny that every family function I attend, people ask me to bring rolls and Skinner fruit salad.
H1N1 sounds like an ordeal. I took the easy way out and just stuck with the regular flu vaccine. Glad it finally worked out for you.
Oh, and we're really wishing we could see you this time of your. We got your card and it just makes us miss you. Love you all.
I can't believe you made 80 rolls and stood in line for H1N1 you should get Mom of the year!
I can't believe how terrible the H1N1 shots were. Seriously. I will never forget it. Glad we all got swined though.
Post a Comment