Saturday, October 25, 2008

Moab U.E.A Weekend

Every Year on U.E.A weekend we try to go somewhere fun. This year we went to Moab with Alan and Laura and all the kids to Moab for an overnight trip. We left on Friday around 3:00 and drove strait to there. We stayed at the Ramada (or should I say one of the dunmps in Moab). The great thing is the kids never care just as long as it is a hotel and they get to sllep in sleeping bags. Kids are easy to please. It was a great location though. Right across from the Diner with the best shakes in town. Then we had breakfast at the pancake Haus in the same parkign lot. The food was good but the service not so much. I asked for a diet drink and the server brought me a can of soda. Very old school I guess. The boys brought there dirt bikes so they could do a little riding in the morning. Then we decided to go into the park and do some sight seeing. It was really beautiful. The hug red rocks are just something to see for yourself. It is hard to describe how cool it really is.

We decided to go on a small 15 min. hike to see the delicate arch and ended up taking the 3 mile hike to it. We did not prepare very well and only had a little water for everyone to share. It was a beautiful day though and worth every minute. Anyone living in Utah who hasn't been to Moab is really missing out. On the way down the trail Craig took the older kids on a lizzard hunt. for any of you who don't know my husband that well, let me fill you in on what an amazing reptile catcher he is. He caught several Lizzards and the kids were in heaven. Andrew decided to name the best Lizzard INDIE (for Indiana jones.) Very cool and fun Trip.












The cousins




Delicate arch family picture


Worn out thirsty kids




6 comments:

Julie said...

That looks like fun. I've never been to Moab. Maybe we'll go sometime!

Laura said...

It amazes me that I consider it a fun trip. With all the problems. It was fun though. Thanks for coming along.

laura said...

How fun- and beautiful. We have never been to Moab. I've always thought of it as ugly desert, where you can ride bikes. I guess I was wrong. That will go on our list of "to-do's".
I can't believe you got a cat. My poor kids are so deprived. I guess they'll just have to visit their cousins pets.
Oh, and what's UEA?

Heather Anderson said...

LOVE THE LOOK OF YOUR BLOG!!! Did you do it yourself or is it a template??? LOVE IT!

YOr trip looks FUN you guys are always going fun places your kids will have the best memories! I went to Moab once when we were in college and it is so cool.

Susan Anderson said...

Yes, I seem to remember hearing some interesting stories about Craig and his, shall we say, "encounters" with snakes. (ASPCA, anyone??)

=)

Hillary said...

Looks like fun.