Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day at home this year. Grandma and grandpa skinner came out from California and celebrated with us. We had a yummy dinner with Turkey, Green beans, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce and stuffing. Then we had banana cream pie and laguna (chocolate pie) for dessert. It was so great and we got to enjoy the holiday with NO stress. Here are some pictures of our day..


After the dinner we cleaned up and saw Grandma's family in Mapleton, I went to meet up with the GNO crew for our annual all night black Friday shopping at 11:15 p.m.. It was so fun. Of course we loaded up on Diet coke and some of us brought tennis shoes to prepare for the night. We hit the outlets right at midnight and we left there at 4:30 a.m. When we came out of the last store we realized it was snowing pretty hard. I was not looking forward to the canyon drive home. But we made it down the mountain and got to our next destination safely. We headed to Gymboree at Fashion place. After that we hit the Mcdonalds for a 6 a.m. breakfast. I crawled into bed at 7:00 a.m. It was crazy but fun. We got lots of supper good deals. I am still recovering a week later. Thanks girls for a super fun shopping night. Yes we are crazy:)
Lauras house for pre shopping photos

J CREW

Leaving the outlets in Park City

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so great! Good for you for tackling that and calling it stress free.

I had so much fun during our midnight madness. It was worth loosing a nights sleep.

Susan Anderson said...

Well, I USED to have the energy to shop like that...

Looks like a lot of fun!

laura said...

It all looks so fun. The dinner sounds wonderful- and with you and Lori in the kitchen, I'm sure it was.
You are THE master shopper. I'm glad you found a crew that can keep up with you. I always look forward to getting together with you, because I know at some point, we'll get to slip away to the stores. I want to see all of your loot. I love a good bargain story.

Heather Anderson said...

That sounds like crazy fun!